Volunteer Positions Available - Tasmania
Award / Agreement
Volunteer – (6 Month Trial)
Southern, Northern, North-West Teams
Kate Bucknell, Operations Manager, JCP Youth
Overview: JCP Youth is seeking dedicated volunteers to join our Street Team. Street Team Members play a crucial support role for our full-time facilitators, contributing to the success of the BEAST program. These volunteer positions involve assisting with various tasks, including transportation, attending appointments, attending sporting commitments, supporting schooling + tutoring, mentoring, cleaning, and assisting with team based, after hours response work.
1. Transportation: Assist with transporting young people to various appointments and activities.
2. Appointments: Attend scheduled appointments with program participants, assisting with processes and administration of appointments.
3. School Support: Provide support to young people in the program with their educational needs and tutoring.
4. Mentoring: Offer guidance and mentorship to program participants on request of facilitators.
5. Cleaning: Assist in maintaining cleanliness and organisation in program spaces.
6. After-Hours Response: Be available for certain periods to assist with after-hours response to low-level matters as required. This response work is team based.
7. On-Call Availability: Elect to be on-call during specific periods and respond promptly to requests through a central messaging service.
- Valid Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) card.
- National police check clearance.
- Current driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Commitment to volunteering for a minimum of 6 months.
- Availability to attend mandatory training sessions.
- Willingness to be on-call during specified periods.
- Ability to complete relevant training provided by JCP Youth.
· First Aid certification. (Not essential)
· Mental Health First Aid training. (Not essential)
1. Opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of young people.
2. Gain valuable experience in youth support and development.
3. Enhance your mentoring and interpersonal skills.
4. Contribute to the success of the BEAST program and JCP Youth’s mission.
How to Apply: Interested individuals should submit an expression of interest via the volunteer tab on the “Contact Us” section of the website. You will receive an automatic email (check your junk folder) with an application form. Once you complete the form attached to this email, you will be emailed a link to the information session prior to the 10th January (please expect this email in January). If you have already submitted an application previously, YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT IT AGAIN, unless your contact details have changed. Previous volunteer applications will be sent the link.
Note: Successful applicants will be required to undergo an orientation and training process.
Commitment: There is no set commitment for a Street Team Member. Volunteers are managed in a central messaging service. Facilitators and on call staff use this messaging service to contact volunteers when assistance is required. Volunteers elect if they want to engage in the engagement. There are no set ‘shifts’ and there is not a regular mentorship schedule for volunteers. This specific volunteer role is one of immediate response to Street Team work.
Unsuccessful Applicants: Unsuccessful volunteer applications are not a reflection on you. Unfortunately we only have limited roles in each team. Volunteer reviews occur every 6 months to see if the role is suitable for the current teams commitment. If you are unsuccessful, the reason is most likely that the team has been filled. Please apply again!
Application Deadline + Information Evening: 10th January 2024 – 6:00pm until 8:00pm
Mandatory Training Dates: 20th – 21st January 2024 – 9:00am until 4:00pm
New Volunteers Commencement: 22nd January 2024
Thank you for your interest in joining the JCP Youth Street Team!